NEWS and not so new
AI Creative Writing Anthology – April 2023
I edited the AI Creative Writing Anthology (Leopard Print London) which has 20 stimulating entries and a lot of extra material on the background, references etc. Each author describes their process and feelings abut using the generators so it provides an insight into using AI text. The book is on Amazon and most other sites and has a large free sample.
AI Anthology cover
AI Creative Writing Anthology Geoff Davis 2023
Was fun to edit as there was such a wide range of material, and really insightful comments on their work process using text generators of many types, from hand coded to GPT. Has artist work for exhibitions as well as stories and poems.
Four of the writers and artists are in my AI and Text talk below, there is a video and transcript.
- “A good antidote to some of the hysteria. Shows the true creative potential of AI.” Brian Reffin Smith, winner of the first Ars Electronica prize.
- “The material is fascinating! Really opens up a Pandora’s Box in terms of writing, so I think you’re on to something fresh and very exciting, here!” Mark Keller
- “Thoughtful, arty and provocative, this book is a tour de force of co-created writing for both new and established writers. I saw into the fascinating history of text generation and how machines have helped us not only produce but create. There are countless examples of how authors have used AI fully or only a bit, and what they used as prompts.” Review on Goodreads
- “I have just read the work and can say that this is a good way to tap into the minds of trailblazers and get inspired! Loved it, very relevant.” Review on Goodreads
Please visit: http://leopardprintpublishing.com/2023/03/25/ai-creative-writing-anthology-20-authors-share-how-to-use-ai/
Sign up for my updates
I still give away free stuff, the creativity apps Story Lite, Notes Story Board are around.If you want to sign up please email:
info at storysoftware dot com
Computer Arts Society CAS AI Talks
The video of the CAS AI & Text talk I ran is now online at
There is also an extended transcript on here at AI Text Talk CAS – Transcript
AI and Image talk CAS – April 2023
I’m hosting an online AI and Image talk with the Computer Arts Society on Thursday 1 June 2023, at 7pm UK time.
Luba Elliott (curator) and the artists Anna Ridler, Patrick Lichty, Mark Webster.
June 1st (Thursday 7pm UK) 2023
SIGN UP for the talk AI and Image – 1 June 2023 7pm UK time – sign up for the Zoom talk here
More details on all the CAS talks and events here
New AI Text Generation research
Two new AI academic papers are coming out in summer 2023. I’m researching human-AI interaction.
elementum.art Zurich – February 2023
The new ‘Cubes‘ video and ‘Grid 88‘ art exhibition curated by Georg Bak and shown by elemetum.art in Zurich – please visit “Abstract Originals” and Grid 88 by Geoff Davis at elementum.art
“Why Cubes?” – when making these videos, we wanted a 3D animation to display the generative art (videographer Patryk Jaworski). And cubes have a history in art, reviled by Futurists as not wild enough (‘The Painting of Sounds, Noises and Smells’, Marinetti, 1913) and admired by conceptualists, see Sol LeWitt’s ‘Variations of Incomplete Open Cubes’ (1974) and Manfred Mohr’s ‘Cubic Limit’ series from 1973. In entertainment, Star Trek’s cubic Borg spaceship (First Contact and Voyager series, 1996) is in sharp contrast to the sleek curves of the Starship Voyager. Cubes are also 3D primitives in computer modeling, as are spheres, so this seemed a link to modern CGI as used in films and everywhere else.
We also have sphere videos.
Music by Metavista (Jaworski/Davis).
There is a Geoff Davis Catalogue with video in the elementum Blog section.
This 3D video art from my generative art release “Abstract Originals” (Micro Arts MA1) made with video artist and musician Patryk Jaworski.
MA1 Cube Collection 1-7 video still
My Micro Arts Group work is in the Computer Arts Archive collection please visit.
Metavista music – on Spotify, Apple, etc.
Music and video with Patryk Jaworski. Now on Bandcamp, Apple Music, Spotify and many others.
Metavista – Future Green Planet album. Please listen by clicking here.
Research paper: AI text and Writing – how do writers use text generation?
My research on AI text and writers is now online at UAL Research at: https://ualresearchonline.arts.ac.uk/id/eprint/18621/
Micro Arts Group, Geoff Davis, CAS Exhibition at British Computer Society BCS London – 2022
Micro Arts Group exhibition at British Computer Society Moorgate London July to October 2022. I founded and coded Micro (computer) Arts Group. This often is mistaken for micro art, which is art in the eye of a needle, in a matchbox, and so on.
See Micro Arts Group for more details.
Micro Arts Group, Geoff Davis, CAA Leicester Depot Exhibition 2021
This was the first show in the Micro Arts revival, organised by Sean Clark of the Computer Arts Society (founded 1968) and Archive (which Sean founded). He also runs the Archive and Micro Arts material in as a big section (see below). Big thanks to Sean Clark who is amazingly creative and hard-working . Please visit his site at Interact Digital Arts.
Micro Arts first exhibition was at the London Film-Makers Cooperative LFMC back when is was a real organisation. This showed MA1 “Abstract Originals” and MA4 Story Generator on continous monitor display, as a kind of future ambience. I must say the monitors are a bit bigger these days!
This site is for my current activities. Links here:
- AI research at UAL London is now listed here
- Books and writing, read now
- Blog for articles, news, updates, links, etc.
- Micro Arts Group – computer art both old and new
Any other activities, please visit the main menu.
Micro Arts MA1:5 Texture Grid
This work has just been added to the Computer Arts Society’s Archive (British Computer Society) – visit archive
Links to my other sites:
Story Lite, Notes Story Board, writing and image creativity apps, plus Story Live AI writing, translation and image generation – AI text generation, plus zooming ZUI notes and image software app. Now called Creativity Support Tools CST
- Story Live (online, AI text generation with editing panel and file export) – with Fabrice Bellard’s Text Synth. This is a web site I used in the 2022 research into AI as used by writers.
- Notes Story Board (software, for text, plus image import, size and rotate, multiple format export, snap, many features)
- Story Lite (software, text boxes, zooming canvas, multiple format export, etc. No image import)
My other sites:
This is from Death In The Bubble World (G Davis 1997) which I have put on this site
- Write Ngeow – Ivy Ngeow author site
- Ivy Ngeow Architect site
- Building DIY site (leftover from my eco building days)
- Facebook Geoff Davis
Metaverse – 3D and VR
Here’s my VRML (1996) gallery ..